According to Daily Mail reporter Sami Mokbel, the Reds are in talks with the Damiao’s club Internacionale to sign the highly-rated striker on loan.
Mokbel Tweeted “LFC weighing up Leandro Damiao. Been offered the option of season long loan at cost of £3m.”
“Option to sign him on perm for £13m next summer.”
Several other reliable sources on Twitter have confirmed that the Brazilian has been offered to Liverpool, although according to sum wages may be a stumbling block for the Merseyside club.
The striker, who turned 23 this July, has scored 70 goals in 116 games at club level, while his performances and 6 goals in the London Olympics this summer led to some real praise from the footballing world.
Damiao had been expected to move to Tottenham until a few days ago, but Spurs did not offer enough money according to Goal.com.
Follow me on Twitter for deadline day news and views @matt_volpi
We are currently seeking Liverpool contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Liverpool contributor, click here.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings