Liverpool Transfer News: Tom Ince Latest – Blackpool Claim No New Offer
Liverpool have yet to make a fresh approach to sign Tom Ince, Blackpool manager Michael Appleton has insisted. The 20-year-old...
The 20-year-old winger who started out his career as a Liverpool youth academy player in 2008 for the club his famous England international father Paul Ince played for in the 90s, left Anfield in the summer of 2011 in pursuit of first team football. In the eighteen months since he has shone at Bloomfield Road, scoring 13 goals for the seaside town in the Championship this season and being called up by Stuart Pearce for the England U21’s European Qualifying games.
His impressive form has caught the eye of the Liverpool board who are perhaps regretting letting him go and the club held talks with Blackpool over re-signing Ince, though at the time it was said the Reds’ offer was below Blackpool’s valuation. There had been speculation that Liverpool were determined to get their man and would come back in for him, rumours this week suggested that Ince’s appearance in the Seasiders’ goalless New Year’s Day draw against Hull City would be his last for the Championship club ahead of a proposed £6 million move to Merseyside.
To the delight of the Blackpool fans, Appleton says this is currently not the case and he hasn’t heard from the Premier League club for weeks;
“We have not heard anything since an initial Liverpool approach a couple of weeks ago,”
“As far as I am aware Thomas will have a day off tomorrow (Wednesday) like everyone else and come back to prepare for the next game with us.”
Appleton also confirmed he hopes to further strengthen his squad with some signings of his own in the January transfer window. He added:
“I would like to think that we will get three or four new faces in over the next few weeks. But the best signing I could get right now would be a new pitch.”
source – teamtalk