Luis Suarez’ hat-trick against beleaguered Wigan Athletic yesterday helped to stretch the Uruguayan’s impressive goal tally to 21 in the Premier League this season, two more than previous leading goal-scorer and Manchester United rival Robin van Persie, who has 19 strikes to his name.
Suarez was yesterday heralded by Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers as “the best striker in England” following his demolition of Roberto Martinez’ side, and with Tottenham’s Gareth Bale also in red-hot form of late, the comments by the Anfield supremo may draw the ire of a few sections of rival football fans.
But with the Welshman stuck on 15 goals at White Hart Lane, Robin van Persie and Luis Suarez find themselves locked in a shootout to see who claims this season’s Golden Boot award and is ultimately heralded as the best striker in England in the process.
With the league now drawing to a close, we are guaranteed a close fight but here, we outline 5 reasons why we believe Robin van Persie is a better player than Luis Suarez.
Click “Next” to continue.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on March 3, 2013