According to The Sun, Sir Alex Ferguson has branded his Manchester United side sloppy following their 1-0 win over Galatasaray last night.
Michael Carrick’s seventh minute goal led the Red Devils to victory in their 100th Champions League win, and despite the three points Sir Alex was still “driven mad” in the words of The Sun at how his side played.
“We kept giving the ball away. It’s unusual for us to be so frivolous but it was a lack of concentration. We were much more solid in the second half and we could have scored four or five. But missing chances like we did, we kept ourselves on the edge.”
Fergie continued his rant about his team’s performance and seemed baffled about Nani’s penalty miss.
“To be honest, I have no idea why Nani took it. I think he just ran and grabbed the ball, Robin should have taken it.”
Nani’s penalty miss is now United’s third failed conversion this season after Robin Van Persie and Javier Hernandez both failed to score against Southampton and Wigan from the spot.
Ferguson’s side failed to qualify out of the Champions League group stage last year.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on September 20, 2012