Newcastle United are continuing their French recruitment policy with the signing of 22-year old midfielder Romain Amalfitano, according to today’s reports in the French press.
The Magpies are said to be close to securing the pre-contract agreement for the player who currently plys his trade for Stade De Reim, a Ligue 2 side. His contract is up in the summer and is able to sign for any club he wants on a free transfer, transfering on the day his current deal expires just as Mehdi Abeid did in his switch last year.
L’Equipe say Amalfitano has been offered a three year deal at St. James’s Park and would join Yohan Cabaye, Gabriel Obertan, Sylvain Marveaux, Mehdi Abeid and the French born Demba Ba as our recent signings from France.
Nice born Amalfitano has scored three times in 20 league games this season, helping his side into second place in their division. Overall he has scored 6 in 47 appearances.
The move to recruit Amalfitano comes just weeks after United announced they were releasing a dozen reserve team members to free up cash to recruit promising players from the continent.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 10 Best Football Stadiums In The World
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time