Peter Odemwingie’s move to Queens Park Rangers is off, according to the BBC’s official Twitter account, leaving the 31-year old striker facing the prospect of going into exile at West Brom.
The deadline for January transfers has passed, and despite Odemwingie’s best efforts to force through a move, he is still a West Brom player.
The 31-year old was the subject of an unsuccessful R’s bid of £3 million last week, which prompted a bitter tirade on Twitter from the player, who later slapped in a transfer request.
Odemwingie insisted Albion accept QPR’s offer, although he had 18 months left on his deal worth £40,000 a week at the Hawthorns.
His latest unorthodox attempt to force through his move saw him arrive at Loftus Road unannounced, a sensational development which lit up a relatively ordinary transfer deadline day.
Odemwingie became the main talking point of the January window as the 11pm deadline approached. But with the collapse of the protracted deal, he now faces the daunting prospect of returning to a club where he appears to have burnt all remaining bridges after this latest saga.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings