One of the WWE’s inaugural pay-per-view events kicked off its 26th edition last night, with most eyes looking upon CM Punk, who sought to cement himself as a champion for the record books by holding the WWE Championship for 365 days, making him one of the elite few to do so. Overall, it wasn’t a remarkable event – and particularly, not a very remarkable Survivor Series – but it was also a rare WWE event where there weren’t any terrible matches, simply a string of decidedly average-to-OK ones. Aside from a very storyline developments, it wasn’t a particularly eventful show, seemingly invested in its main event and not really a whole lot else.
5 Awesome Moments…
5. Bonus Classic Survivor Series Match
It might have made sense for the WWE to actually announce this match beforehand, because a frequent complaint of long-time WWE fans is that they don’t devote enough time to the classic Survivor Series elimination matches anymore, and the addition of a second one on this event might have put a few more butts in seats. The bout saw Brodus Clay, Justin Gabriel, Tyson Kidd, Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio defeat Tensai, Primo & Epico and The Prime Time Players in a thrilling match that was given plenty of time to run, and was as a result one of the most entertaining matches on the card.
All in all, it was a great way to open the event, and we hope that the WWE pays attention; fans love these sorts of matches, and previous events that have had only one elimination match have proven disappointing. Can’t we get back to the old formula of having 4 or 5 elimination matches on a Survivor Series event?
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
- 20 Most Horrifically Stupid Things That Ever Happened In WCW
This article was first posted on November 19, 2012