TNA Impact Wrestling fans are in shock this week over the news that the company has parted ways with one of its most exciting talents in Alex Shelley.
Shelley, one half of the Motor City Machine Guns with Chris Sabin, joined the company in 2004 and is a former Tag Team and X Division Champion. He has previously worked dark matches for WWE but has never officially wrestled for them, but that is set to change if internet reports are to be believed. Rumour has it that the on-again-off-again WWE Network is looking to run a show based around a cruiserweight division and given the level of interest in Alex from fans he is primed to be heavily featured. That is if he actually signs a deal.
Hot on the tail of this news word broke that TNA had also parted ways with Ric Flair. Flair is alleged to have been involved in several instances involving unpaid substantial bar tabs that the company then had to front. It is also widely believed that the Spike Network had requested Flair no longer wrestle as they believed it was a tad excessive for a man of his age. If only promoters felt the same way. With Triple H in a power position in WWE it seems a sure thing that Flair will return home before too long.
Will Alex Shelley and Ric Flair both sign deals with the WWE? What role do you think Flair would take? Will Shelley shine or be lost in the shuffle? Have your say below.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on May 25, 2012