WWE is not the only company interested in setting up a Brock Lesnar pro wrestling match now that he has quit MMA. Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Simon Kelly Inoki, a promoter out in Japan, is trying to put together a Brock Lesnar vs. Fedor Emelianenko dream match but have it a pro wrestling bout for the IGF Promotion. Though the chances of it happening don’t seem very likely.
Inoki would need to strike a deal with UFC and also front up more money than Vince McMahon who would no doubt want first dibs on a Lesnar pro wrestling match and Lesnar, who doesn’t like traveling, would be difficult to convince to make the long trip to Asia. Plus Inoki would have to get over the hurdle of convincing Fedor to try out a pro wrestling match.
The Russian MMA fighter is such a respected shoot fighter that the deal would probably have to be historic to get him interested. However money always talks if enough is offered.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on January 12, 2012