Current plans for WWE SummerSlam 2012 are for CM Punk and The Big Show to face off in a WWE Championship match, according to F4WOnline.com. We would expect Punk to be the victor in the current feud with Daniel Bryan and retain his gold at WWE No Way Out in the Punk vs Bryan vs Kane triple threat match, with Bryan then moving on to feud with Kane over the summer, with AJ Lee also in the mix.
John Laurinaitis will likely also be involved in the Punk vs. Show feud and as we saw this week on RAW there was a re-ignition of the Punk/Laurinaitis problems with the unveiling of the WWE 13 video game front cover.
Punk and The Big Show previously fought at SummerSlam 2010 when Show defeated Punk, Joseph Mercury and Luke Gallows in a 3-on-1 Handicap Match.
Also previously spoken about for WWE SummerSlam were a Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar match but there has been talk lately of pushing forward that math to WWE Money in the Bank pay-per-view in July.
We would also expect Daniel Bryan vs Kane at WWE SummerSlam, though the path is less clearer for Randy Orton and John Cena’s opponents.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
- 20 Most Horrifically Stupid Things That Ever Happened In WCW
This article was first posted on June 2, 2012