Reports are that the current plan for the Cody Rhodes and Dustin Rhodes/Goldust program is for an Intercontinental Championship match to take place at the WWE Elimination Chamber pay-per-view in February. Goldust had been campaigning internally to WWE officials and on the internet to fans about the match taking place at this year’s WrestleMania 28 but WWE execs would prefer to have the match on another pay-per-view as the WM card is stacked right now.
Goldust had pitched for a Miami Street Fight between the two brothers and for him to put his retirement on the line and Cody his IC Belt, but we don’t know if those plans translate to the February pay-per-view. There had also been talks of adding their father Dusty Rhodes to the program in some fashion.
It is expected that a confrontation between Goldust and Cody Rhodes will take place at this Sunday’s Royal Rumble 30-man match.
source – Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on January 26, 2012