On last night’s Raw, Edge was announced as the big inductee into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2012. The 38 year-old Rated-R Superstar who retired from wrestling last year, won an incredible 38 Championships in his time with the company, one for every year of his life up until the induction.
He won the WWE Championship four times and the WWE World Heavyweight Championship seven times, making him an 11 Times World Champion. Additionally he won the Intercontinental Title five times, a U.S. Title once and a record 14 Tag Team Championships. He basically won every single active WWE Title in the company.
Edge also won the 2001 King of the Ring, the first Money in the Bank ladder match in 2005 and the Royal Rumble in 2010. He was undoubtedly one of the biggest stars of his generation, a passionate innovator who was a master at everything he tried and accomplished so much in 13 years with the WWE.
Edge, real name Adam Copeland, said in an interview with Aftermath on The Score on Monday Night after Raw that his choice would be Christian to induct him into the WWE Hall of Fame. Christian, real name Jay Reso, is Copeland’s best friend from childhood and they are so synonymous with each other in the WWE that it really wouldn’t feel right if anyone else inducted him.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on January 10, 2012