According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Randy Orton is scheduled to be announced as a participant in the 30-man WWE Royal Rumble match on this coming Monday night’s Raw SuperShow.
As we have said several times, Orton winning the Rumble match itself (which is taking place from Orton’s hometown of St. Louis, Missouri) was the first direction WWE officials had agreed upon some months back. He would then go on to face the WWE SmackDown World Champion, probably at that point Mark Henry to get his revenge for losing the title to him last year but there is always the chance of Daniel Bryan being in that match if he continues to get over as a heel and Henry struggles with his groin problem.
Since Chris Jericho’s return recently, the only two real candidates to win the Rumble are Randy Orton or Y2J.
Speaking of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view, the event itself hasn’t yet sold out for what is the WWE’s second biggest night of the year, however the show is expected to be sold out before the event itself taking place on January 29th, 2012.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on January 19, 2012