Mean Gene Okerlund was speaking on the Inside The Ropes podcast show this past week and revealed that the late Macho Man Randy Savage turned down a place in WWE’s Hall of Fame.
Okerlund revealed that WWE had made overtures for Savage to be inducted into the Hall of Fame after WCW’s sale to Vince McMahon in 2001 but the “Macho King” had turned down all offers up until his death last year. Okerlund went as far saying it was “BS” that McMahon didn’t want Savage in the Hall of Fame but it was instead Randy Savage who didn’t want to be associated with it.
As for why Savage didn’t want to be in the Hall of Fame, Okerlund revealed that he didn’t know and that “he was still trying to figure it out” why he declined WWE’s offers for induction. Okerlund, who was a 2006 entry into the WWE Hall of Fame said he hoped he would see the day when Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth were both part of the WWE Hall of Fame.
You can hear the audio from the interview below;
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on June 17, 2012