Shaquille O’Neal revealed on the Abe Kanan show yesterday that he is in talks with the WWE for a big marquee match at Wrestlemania 28 against The Big Show.
The biggest event on the wrestling calendar will take place April 1st, 2012 at the Sun Field Stadium in Miami, Florida and it is believed that Vince McMahon has been looking for a big celebrity to compete in a match that will fill out the card.
Of course a potential Shaquille O’Neal vs The Big Show match at Wrestlemania brings memories of the match Floyd Mayweather Jr and The Big Show had almost four years ago at Wrestlemania 24 that drew huge business after large media attention. Despite not being the main event of the show, in that particular year no match was more hyped or sold more buys. O’Neal vs The Big Show, while it won’t do as much business because O’Neal isn’t as big a draw as Mayweather, especially as he doesn’t come from boxing into wrestling, could have huge potential.
Wrestlemania 28 is to be headlined by The Rock vs. John Cena in an Icon vs Icon match. Heavily expected as the second main event is The Undertaker vs. Triple H in a rematch from last year. Depending on whether talks with Chris Jericho and WWE have gone well, he is likely to challenge for the WWE Title against CM Punk in the third main event. Once you have slotted in the O’Neal vs The Big Show match and possible matches for Kane, Rey Mysterio and Mick Foley that have all been talked about and very quickly you have a Wrestlemania card whose main event talent (with the exception of John Cena and CM Punk) haven’t worked full yearly schedules.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on December 22, 2011