The World Heavyweight Title changed hands twice at last night’s WWE TLC pay-per-view from Baltimore, Maryland as Daniel Bryan took the opportunity to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase. He won the title from The Big Show, who moments earlier had just been crowned champion when he took the World Heavyweight Title from Mark Henry in a Chairs match after he hit The World’s Strongest Man with a W.M.D. knockout punch. As The Big Show was celebrating, Henry took him out with the chair with a beating and Bryan ran down to take advantage.
Prowrestling.net sources say Vince McMahon made the decision for the title change when Mark Henry’s groin injury was diagnosed as worse than previously thought. He was injured in the match against John Cena last week on RAW and although WWE creative thought Henry could get through it with a lighter schedule, McMahon decided to go with the title change.
We can probably expect Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show at Royal Rumble or if Henry is fit, him also thrown into the mix to make it a triple threat match. The original plan was to put Daniel Bryan into the main event of Wrestlemania 28, having him cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase then but it was obvious a few months back McMahon became skeptical on whether Bryan could really draw in the slot. Presumably by giving him the World Title now, for at least a month to Royal Rumble, they can see if there is enough fan interest in him being champion.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on December 19, 2011