Talking Smack has been cut from WWE's Tuesday night line-up, the company has confirmed.
The show, hosted by Renee Young since its inception last year, will now only be aired after SmackDown pay-per-views.
In a statement, WWE said the decision had been reached "based on a variety of factors, including viewership and subscriber research".
However, many fans have been disappointed to learn that the show has been axed, pointing to the function it served in developing characters and storylines.
In particular, the appearances of Daniel Bryan and The Miz - who regularly exchanged verbal barbs on Talking Smack last year, prompting rumours of a return to the ring for the Smackdown GM - were heavily praised.
Asked why the decision was made on Twitter, the Wrestling Observer's Dave Meltzer said simply: "Not enough people watched it."
Meanwhile, Miz Tweeted that he was disappointed to see the show go, writing: "I enjoyed the freedom this show gave to WWE talent to showcase what they could do. Renee Young brought the best out of all."
Young, Bryan and Dolph Zigger were among the others to express their disappointment via social media.