After being put through a table by Ryback on Monday’s Raw, CM Punk was carried by officials out of the arena. The WWE Champion was given an emergency consultation with WWE doctor, James Andrews and on Tuesday underwent surgery on his left knee in Pensacola, Florida.
WWE physician, Dr. Chris Amann said ‘CM Punk underwent knee surgery today (December 4) to remove a piece of torn meniscus that had locked up his knee.’
WWE have confirmed that Dr Andrews successfully trimmed a cartilage tear in Punk’s knee and he is expected to make a full recovery. However, with TLC just twelve days away, Punk’s title defence against Ryback was put into serious doubt.
It was confirmed last night during WWE’s Smackdown taping that Punk will indeed be incapable of competing at the pay-per-view on December 16th. Now unable to challenge Punk for the WWE Championship at TLC, Ryback will instead team with Daniel Bryan and Kane. The partnership of Team Hell No and Ryback will take on WWE’s newest faction, The Shield (Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns) in a Six man tag-team match. TLC will be the first WWE pay-per-view to not feature the reigning WWE Champion in competition since December to Dismember in 2006, when champion John Cena was not included on the card. It is unknown at this time when Punk will be cleared to wrestle.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on December 5, 2012