While many of the biggest wrestling names of all time have already been enshrined in the WWE Hall of Fame (Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and Bruno Sammartino to name a few) there are still many others who deserve strong consideration for induction, or should have already been let in long ago.
Wrestling hasn’t had as many competitors on a national stage as major sports like the MLB or NFL, so the pool for their Hall is much smaller. We also don’t have a plethora of statistics to argue our cases, and have to rely on popularity and longevity for our criteria. With this in mind, we can take a look at the rumors and speculate who may make it in this year.
With WrestleMania XXX just a few months away, the Hall announcements should be arriving soon. Some of the men on this list have been left out due to controversy or personal problems in the past. With some of those issues now resolved, will they finally get the call?
From former WWE Champions to worldwide superstars, here are 10 candidates for the WWE Hall of Fame in 2014.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on January 7, 2014