WWE Superstar John Cena has reportedly filed for divorce from his wife Liz Huberdeau, claiming that the marriage was ‘irretrievably broken’.
TMZ are reporting that Cena’s soon to be ex-wife has hired Miami attorney Raymond Rafool, the very same attorney who represented Linda Hogan during her financially successful divorce from Hulk ‘Terry Bollea’ Hogan. Linda recieved in her settlement 70% of the liquid assets, 40% ownership in his companies… along with a multi million cash settlement and few extras thrown in.
Although TMZ also claims that Liz Huberdeau and John Cena had signed a crippling pre-nup meaning that Rafool will have his work cut out. Cena had approached his wife with a pre-divorce financial settlement, but she refused to sign it believing that the relationship would eventually work out.
The following statement was released by Liz’s Attorney…
“Although it is indeed unfortunate that John Cena decided to divorce his high school sweetheart Liz Cena; particularly, after they have come so far in their lives and in his career together, Liz will and really has no choice but to pursue all of her rights and entitlements.”
“Sadly, divorce is not the way Liz thought her perfect love story would end.”
The couple had been together since high school but only recently tied the knot back in 2009. They had been engaged for two years prior and wed in Boston, Massachusetts.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
- 20 Most Horrifically Stupid Things That Ever Happened In WCW
This article was first posted on May 10, 2012