It is reported that WWE may be discontinuing the brand split as it relates to their current live tour experience. A recent newsletter went out from WWE asking for suggestions on what would be a good name for the live experience going forward.
This could be some very exciting news if you read between the lines, as it could mean the end of the brand split on TV, a move that has been called for by many a fan for some time now as they, and I, believe that the brand split simply isn’t working anymore given the lack of genuine talent occupying the roster.
Reading into it further, it could also be guessed that WWE may drop the second World Title, at some point unifying the two belts and crowning their first Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Champion. There is evidence that backs this up with the likes of CM Punk commenting on a new belt design “coming soon” but potentially not being debuted until the unification occurs.
This move could bring about some superb storylines, with Dolph Ziggler’s current situation being my personal favourite seeing as he has the Money in the Bank briefcase and could potentially win the Rumble and choose to face the WWE Champion at WrestleMania. In one night, he could cash in MITB and beat the WWE champion in the main event. This will never happen but it would be superb to see.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on January 25, 2013