Last night’s WWE Raw results from the BMO Harris Bradley Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Michael Cole and Jerry “The King” Lawler are on commentary. Lawler takes his headset off and enters the ring to address CM Punk.
He says at the end of the Raw 1000 he misspoke about the WWE Champion. He apologised to Punk last week but this week, he is the one who wants an apology.
WWE Champion comes out and can’t believe that Lawler wants an apology for Punk simply doing his job. He says he didn’t turn his back on anybody and beat the crap on The Rock because he deserved it. Punk says Lawler turned his back on WWE when he slandered the champ. Punk says he kicked Lawler in his stupid head last week because of his lack of respect.
Punk says that is what he does is, he takes down those who disrespect him. Punk says he is sorry… sorry that all it takes to get into the WWE Hall of Fame is to beat a bunch of nobodies from Memphis and get into a slapstick with a Hollywood comedian. Punk says Lawler is jealous because he was never WWE Champion. Punk says Lawler finally got his WrestleMania moment and couldn’t beat Michael Cole. Punk says he is sorry for the man Jerry Lawler has become.
Punk taunts Lawler and asks him if he wants a fight. Punk says Lawler is just a commentator but he’s the best in the world. He would embarrass Lawler. Punk taunts some more and says Lawler will either leave embarrassed tonight, either because Punk kicks the respect out of him or because he backs down from the fight.
1) Ryback defeated Jack Swagger with the Shell Shocked in a competitive match. Ryback is finally getting over and the “Feed Me More” chants are starting to drown out the “Goldberg” chants. The reaction from Swagger to his lost seemed to be saying “I’m done”… (during the match Michael Cole said Swagger hadn’t won a match since he won the US title in January).
2) WWE Divas Champion Layla defeated Natalya in a non-title match with a kick to the back of the head.
Vickie Guerrero talks about AJ Lee making the Chris Jericho vs Dolph Ziggler match at last week’s RAW where Y2J’s contract was terminated. Vickie says she isn’t happy about the stipulation that Ziggler’s MITB contract was on the line. Vickie calls it unfair and an abuse of power. She says nobody on the roster has the guts to speak up about it. She tells the Board of Directors that it is about time RAW was put back in the hands of an adult, someone like her. Not a mentally deranged child.
AJ’s music comes out and is all smiles before she slaps Vickie out of nowhere. They go at it before Vickie scrambles away.
We see footage from last week’s anger management classes with Daniel Bryan. Bryan raises his hand and says he has no issues like the rest of the losers here. A little kid comes in wearing a goat mask and Bryan gets upset. Bryan says he is handsome and wonders who has set this up. Bryan calls the kid a brat and yells him to take it off. It turns out the kid is the teacher’s son and is playing a goat in his school play.
Michael Cole goes through some tweets from actor Dominic Monaghan who is tonight’s Social Media Ambassador and star of WWE Studios film “The Day”. Cole shows a tweet from CM Punk where he says he will let Lawler have the first punch if he agrees to fight him. Cole asks Lawler if he has made a decision. Lawler stands on top of the announcer’s table to a small chant from the crowd and calls “the nobodies he beat in Memphis” the likes of Superstar Billy Graham, Jesse Ventua, Harley Race, Dutch Mantell and more. He brings up Andy Kaufman. He says he knows he isn’t the best in the world but he doesn’t think that Punk is either. Lawler says he has never backed down from a fight and he won’t start tonight. He says damn right he will fight the WWE Champion tonight and the crowd pops big as he makes his way back to the ring.
3) John Cena defeated WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz with the Attitude Adjustment in a non-title match. Josh Matthews joined Michael Cole on commentary as Jerry Lawler is backstage preparing for his match.
Michael Cole reveals that General Manager AJ Lee is allowing fans to pick the match stipulation for tonight when Punk takes on Lawler. The Twitter hashtags are #WWETables for Tables Match, #WWECage for Cage Match or WWENoDQ for No DQ Match.
More anger management class with Daniel Bryan are shown. A man shares a story about his boss and Bryan is asked to react. He rants about AJ Lee. The teacher then gets a text and the last patient is here. In walks Kane, wearing both of his masks. Kane sits down as we cut away.
4) Santino Marella defeated Heath Slater with the Cobra.
5) Sin Cara & Brodus Clay defeated Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes when Clay knocked Cody out of the air with a head butt and splashed him for the victory.
Clay dances with Naomi, Cameron and Cara at the end of the match.
More anger management class with Bryan and Kane. Kane says he’s the devil’s favourite demon. Bryan says this is a bad idea. Kane talks about how he and The Undertaker grew up together and he talks about the infamous stuff he’s done in the WWE. The teacher says they should call it a day and for next week, he wants them to attend anger collage. Bryan asks if this is therapy class or arts and crafts. Everyone leaves but Kane and one man stays. The guy thanks Kane for sharing his thoughts and tries to hug him. Kane grabs him by the shirt and says no problem.
6) WWE Tag Team Champion R-Truth defeated Daniel Bryan by countout when Bryan got into a shouting match with a fan at ringside. Bryan throws a fit after his defeat.
Out comes Triple H for his addressing of the crowd. There’s some big chants from the crowd and it takes a few minutes before HHH speaks. He says everyone wants to know if he’s going to retire. HHH says the one thing he has learned in the WWE is to never say never. He says all he ever wanted to do in the WWE is two things – do things people wouldn’t forget and retire before all of this retired him. He says he never wanted to the guy who was just hanging out, the guy who hung on too long waiting for the nostalgia pop. He didn’t want to be the guy who was too beat up or crippled inside to hold his own kids. He says Brock Lesnar has made him ask the question, is he done? Triple H says the answer is he doesn’t know. But he says he has been beat up more tired than he has ever been.
HHH says he gets the hype and wants to say that he is coming back to kick Brock Lesnar’s ass because that’s what he does. That’s what he wants to do but can’t. He says the truth is, he doesn’t know if he can anymore. HHH wonders if he has answered his own question. The crowd chants “you can do it”. HHH says one thing he can do is thank the fans. He thanks the WWE fans from the bottom of his heart. He tears up and says thank you for letting him play the game. He says he will never forget any of us and thanks again before dropping the mic. The crowd stands and applauds him and a “thank you Hunter” chants breaks out. Triple H does one last pose before walking off.
7) Randy Orton & WWE World Champion Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio & Dolph Ziggler. The finish came when Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick on Ziggler.
Jerry Lawler is backstage with John Cena. Lawler says he doesn’t want any help for tonight’s main event.
8) Zack Ryder defeated David Otunga when Zack with the Rough Ryder for the victory.
Post-match, Kane gets into the ring and attacks Ryder, preparing to give him the Chokeslam before letting him go and attacking Otunga instead.
Josh Matthews gets into the ring and says tonight’s match between Punk and Lawler has been chosen by the WWE Fans as a Steel Cage match. AJ Lee comes out to the ring and says regardless of the outcome of tonight’s match, Punk will defend his WWE Title against an opponent of his choosing at WWE Night of Champions – John Cena.
9) WWE Champion CM Punk defeated Jerry “The King” Lawler in a Steel Cage Match when Lawler tapped out to the Anaconda Vice.
Post-match, Punk chains Lawler to the Steel Cage and gives him a bloody beat down as Lawler refuses Punk’s requests to admit the WWE Champion is the best in the world. Eventually John Cena comes out and Lawler is broken free as the WWE Champion leaves.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on August 28, 2012