Wrestlemania, the biggest night in the wrestling calendar, is almost upon us. On Sunday, April 7, Wrestlemania 29 will roll into New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium. The Showcase of the Immortals, the night when the WWE has the eyes of the world upon it, when superstars can become legends. The wait is almost over.
With the final week of build-up before Wrestlemania 29, WWE was in Washington DC this week for its go-home shows and the final steps on the Road to Wrestlemania. All the big names were on display together for the first time: The Undertaker, The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, John Cena, CM Punk, and even Shawn Michaels were on a stacked card for Raw.
The build-up to Wrestlemania this year has been far from exemplary, and still lacks a great deal. The card for the big show is, in many fans’ eyes, both weak and predictable, defined and headlined by returning part-timers looking for a big pay-day. Feuds have been poorly written, storylines badly executed, and many fans left disenchanted leading into the biggest night of the wrestling year.
But come April 7, when the lights come up and an undoubtedly explosive New York crowd make themselves heard, much of that will be forgotten. This is Wrestlemania after all.
So with the final words spoken before the start of Wrestlemania 29, here are the latest developments, and the final match-picks and predictions for the big show.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on April 2, 2013