Results from last night’s WWE Smackdown “Blast From the Past Edition” that took place in Hampton, Virgina.
Lilian Garcia introduces Hall of Fame announcer Mean Gene Okerlund who is standing in the ring. Mean Gene brings out his first guest, World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus.
Sheamus apologies for hitting referee Chad Patton last week and that there is no excuse for his behaviour. He says he is sorry but it is not enough for John Laurinaitis who comes out to the ring and says he must take some action. He has given Sheamus the biggest fine in WWE history, a whopping $500,000. He also announces that he will take on the team of Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio tonight with his partner… Gene Okerlund.
1) Randy Orton vs Mark Henry goes to a no-contest when Kane interferes to further his feud with Orton. Kane attacks Cowboy Bob Orton who accompanied his son to ringside.
2) Ryback defeated local jobber Benny Camer in a squash match with the big slam.
3) The Usos defeated Heath Slater & Tyson Kidd.
Kidd & Slater were accompanied by Jimmy Hart as manager for the night but he was victim to the socko from Mick Foley who was doing commentary and got sick of Hart jabbering into the microphone.
WWE Hall of Famer Roddy Piper is out next for the Piper’s Pit. He introduces Daniel Bryan who points to the crowd and the fans start chanting “YES!”. Bryan reveals he has just got out of a meeting with John Laurinaitis and he has been granted a World Heavyweight Title rematch against Sheamus at WWE Extreme Rules pay-per-view. The crowd chanted “18 seconds” whilst Bryan reveals it will be a 2 out of 3 falls match.
AJ Lee then comes out and says Bryan is a nice guy, even though he dumped her. Piper tells her to stick up for herself but Bryan says if she ever loved him she will know she should leave the ring. Piper and Bryan then square off before he slaps Piper in the face and runs out screaming “YES!”.
4) The Great Khali, Alicia Fox & Natalya defeated Drew McIntyre & The Bella Twins when Alicia hit the bridge suplex on one of the Bellas for the quick win.
Khali dances with Alicia & Natalya at the ramp. Then out comes Hall of Famer Mae Young who gets Khali to kneel down to give him a kiss!
Another Damien Sandow vignette airs where he talks about sophistication.
Mean Gene & Sheamus are backstage as they prepare for tonight’s main event.
5) Hunico defeated Hacksaw Jim Duggan when Sgt. Slaughter hit both Hunico & Camucho with Duggan’s 4×4 for the DQ. He applied the Cobra Clutch on Hunico after the bell.
Cody Rhodes comes out and says he wants to be Intercontinental Champion again. Dusty Rhodes comes out and Cody calls his dad embarrassing and that he would rather talk to him in private backstage. Show comes out says Cody is embarrassing and he airs a video of “Dashing” Cody Rhodes applying on lip gloss in older vignettes. Dusty’s music then hits and he starts dancing in the ring.
6) Sheamus & Mean Gene Okerlund defeated Daniel Bryan & Alberto Del Rio when Sheamus hit Bryan with the Brogue Kick for the win. Piper, Ted DiBiase, Tony Atlas, Duggan, Patterson, Hart, Rhodes, Hillbilly Jim and Slaughter were all in Okerlund’s corner and kept distracting Bryan.
Howard Finkel announces the winners. The Legends then get into the ring and surround Ricardo Rodriguez and they all take turns to hit moves on him. Sheamus finishes it off with the Brogue Kick. Sheamus poses with the Legends before Michael Cole gets into the ring and says they should do a photo op whilst they can before they go back to the retirement home. The legends beat up Michael Cole as the show goes off the air with Sheamus posing with The Legends.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on April 11, 2012