Last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings spoilers from Moline, IL. The show will air on Friday in the US (on SyFy) and in the UK (on Sky Sports).
Ted DiBiase defeated Dean Ambrose
Alberto Del Rio and David Otunga open the show. Ricardo Rodriguez is trailing behind them in a neck brace. They demand action be taken against the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus for hitting Rodriguez with a Brogue Kick on RAW. They want the move banned in the WWE. General Manager Booker T comes out and says he would like to leave the decision in the hands of the fans. They vote that the kick should remain legal. Del Rio throws a fit and Booker T has something planned for them later.
1) Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara defeated Cody Rhodes & WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz when Cody accidentally hit Miz with a Disaster Kick.
Hornswoggle comedy segment backstage stomping on Daniel Bryan’s foot before running away.
2) Daniel Bryan defeated Zack Ryder with the NO Lock! (They hugged before the bell). Bryan refused to break the NO Lock so the referee reversed the decision and Bryan lost his temper.
Damien Sandow comes out and rips on Randy Orton. The Apex Predator comes out and reveals that Booker T has booked them in a match tonight.
3) Randy Orton defeated Damien Sandow by count out with Dolph Ziggler ringside on commentary. The end came when Sandow rolled Orton out of the ring and ran away, with Ziggler then attacking and Orton brawled with him. After the match, Sandow ran back down and caught a RKO while Ziggler ran off.
David Otunga storms into the GM’s office and wants Brogue Kick banned. Booker makes a Sheamus vs Otunga match tonight.
4) The Prime Time Players defeated Primo & Epico to become the new #1 contenders to the WWE Tag Team Championship. The title holders R-Truth & Kofi Kingston were at ringside for the match.
Backstage segment with Wade Barrett which meant he came out to huge heel heat for his return match…
5) Wade Barrett defeated Yoshi Tatsu in a squash match. Barrett cut a promo after the match.
6) World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus defeated David Otunga in the main event with Alberto Del Rio watching from ringside. Booker T came out before the end and banned the Brogue Kick. Sheamus argued with Del Rio and they mixed it up but Sheamus still got the win.
We are currently seeking WWE contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a WWE contributor, click here.