This year’s Summerslam PPV is in the books, and it was a fantastic show. Here are 5 things we learned from this past Sunday’s big show as we head into RAW, post-Summerslam:
5. Randy Orton Cashes In
In the final main event of the evening, Daniel Bryan defeated John Cena to capture the WWE Championship. An excellent wrestling moment for all the fans of Bryan, even though it was sure to be short lived.
Post-match saw Special Guest Referee Triple H holding Bryan’s arm high when suddenly Randy Orton’s music hit, and out came The Viper with his Money In The Bank briefcase. Bryan was then subsequently Pedigree’d by Triple H, and Orton went on to cash in his MITB contract, pin Bryan, and become the WWE Champion. Expected for sure, but an awesome moment for the WWE and fans alike.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on August 21, 2013