Pro Wrestling Syndicate – an Indy group that boasts a roster including Matt Hardy and Mr Belding from Saved By The Bell – has announced that it has pulled wrestling legend Terry Funk for its April 4th and 5th shows in New Jersey, sparking rumours that he will be working with WWE as part of the Wrestlemania Axxess weekend and will induct Mick Foley into the WWE Hall of Fame.
Funk’s name began circulating among the Internet Wrestling Community as a possible inductor for Mick Foley as soon as he was announced as an inductee earlier this year. Other names included Jim Ross but Funk seemed a much more fitting choice given his long history with Foley.
Funk and Foley’s paths have crossed in several promotions over the years but it is there time in Extreme Championship Wrestling as well as the WWE that has been the most significant. The two men even formed a short lived tag team that went on to battle The New Age Outlaws for the tag team titles at Wrestlemania 14.
Funk was also once in the unique position of appearing on WCW’s Monday Nitro during the Atlanta based companies dying days while under contract with the WWE.
Funk and Foley will join Trish Stratus, Bob Backlund and the recently announced Bruno Sammartino at this year’s Hall of Fame ceremony. No official word yet from the McMahon’s over any inductors but we’re putting our money on this one coming true.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- Write WWE Articles And Get Paid
- 10 Controversies Of The WWE Network
- WWE WrestleMania 30: 10 Reasons The Undertaker Streak’s Must End
- WWE: 6 Divas That Must Return In 2014
- WWE: 10 Biggest Lies In Pro Wrestling
- WWE: 10 Most Inappropriate Storylines Ever
- WWE: 10 Sickening In-Ring Injuries You Won’t Believe Stars Wrestled Through
- WWE: 10 Wrestlers With Salaries You Won’t Believe
This article was first posted on February 5, 2013