Let me start off by explaining what a ‘shoot’ is to those of you who may not know. Basically, what it is, is a moment in wrestling which goes off book. A moment that breaks the scripted reality of sports entertainment and becomes a real moment for us all to witness. To put it simply, a real life occurrence.
It does get a little trickier than that at times though because there is such a thing as a ‘worked shoot’ which is meant to come off as a shoot but in reality is a work, or something that is scripted. In the examples I have provided the lines can be blurred. While I do believe that most of my choices for this list do have some elements of a work involved in them, a gray area does exist and the participants absolutely let some of their true feelings be known.
The great thing about a shoot is that it takes the audience by complete surprise and is a truly rare thing in the business. Enjoy this list of my top 5 shoots in pro wrestling.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on February 15, 2013