Jim Ross. Love him or hate him he’s one of the most interesting and knowledgeable guys in the wrestling industry today. Personally, I could listen to him tell road tales all night and although he’s very much a company guy he’s always been happy to speak his mind and give his true feelings on a variety of subjects over the years.
In his latest blog Ross discussed the upcoming WWE Wrestlemania 29 match between The Undertaker and CM Punk in which the Deadman puts his world famous winning streak on the line. Currently he stands at 20 – 0 which will likely never be bettered by another wrestler ever. This year though there has been serious discussion among the IWC as to whether or not Punk should be the man to finally end The Streak. We could argue the point back and forth all night but I think good ol’ JR puts it best:
“So, does Taker being 20-1 at WrestleMania’s adversely affect his legacy? Not in my view. However, does beating the Undertaker at WrestleMania essentially make Punk even more special? Absolutely.
A Punk win at WM29 would essentially punch Punk’s WWE HOF ticket and whether the outspoken Punk would admit it or not, being inducted into the WWE HOF is an amazing honor even for the most devout of individuals.”
Where do you all stand on the idea of ending The Streak? Is it that big of a deal or is it time for ‘taker to pass the torch? And if he were to lose is that him done as far as in ring competition at Wrestlemania? There are just so many if’s, buts and maybes but you have to admit Jim Ross really hit the nail on the head this time.
Get all the latest WWE updates...Follow @WhatCultureWWE For The Latest Updates
- 10 WWE Divas With Salaries You Won’t Believe
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About The Ultimate Warrior
- WWE: 10 Things You Need To Know About New Divas Champion Paige
- Sting To WWE: 10 Ways To Book His Debut Now Undertaker Has Gone
- 10 Crazy Facts You Just Have To Accept Before You Can Enjoy Wrestling
- 10 Wrestlers You Never Knew Were Dead
- 10 Things WWE Wants You To Forget About CM Punk
- WWE: 20 Loudest Chants And Reactions Ever
This article was first posted on March 12, 2013