With this week's AEW Rampage taped directly after last night's AEW Dynamite, former ROH World Champion Rush made his TV bow for Tony Khan's promotion.
As per PWInsider, Rush made an appearance during the opening match of the show, helping Andrade El Idolo pick up the win over Rey Fenix. There, Fenix was hit with a low blow from Rush, which led to Andrade hitting his patented Hammerlock DDT to get the 1-2-3. Post-match, the two Los Ingobernables buddies attempted to remove Fenix's mask before Penta Oscuro and his trusty shovel made the save.
Of course, the two-time ROH World Champ made a brief appearance at the Double or Nothing PPV last month, where he was introduced by El Idolo in a pre-taped segment.
The full results for Friday's AEW Rampage read as follows:
- Andrade El Idolo defeated Rey Fenix
- Eddie Kingston cut a promo stating he won't be satisfied until he's tasted Chris Jericho's blood
- ROH Women's Champion Mercedes Martinez & Serena Deeb defeated Sierra & Layne Luck in a squash match
- Hook defeated The DKC via Redrum
- United Empire's Jeff Cobb defeated FTR's Cash Wheeler after hitting the Tour of the Islands
- The show ended with a brawl featuring United Empire, FTR, Roppongi Vice and Orange Cassidy, while Eddie Kingston attacked Chris Jericho at the commentary desk