With WWE having taped its Indian special, Superstar Spectacle, earlier today from Tropicana Field, full spoilers for the event are now out.
As a reminder, Superstar Spectacle is due to air on Tuesday, which is India’s Republic Day. The event will air simultaneously on Indian television and on the WWE Network.
Courtesy of WrestlingHeadlines, the breakdown of the show is as follows:
- Superstar Spectacle begins with promos for Indian wrestlers such as Jinder Mahal, the Bollywood Boyz, Indus Sher, Kavita Devi, Guru Raaj, Jeet Rama, Dilsher Shanky and Giant Zangeer.
- Jinder Mahal addresses the crowd, discussing Republic Day, and encouraging fans to show their support in order for India to get its own weekly show.
- Michael Cole heads out for commentary duties.
- Intercontinental Champion Big E and Xavier Woods come out to wish the Indian fans a Happy Republic Day. After being joined by the Street Profits, the four and some dancers all partake in a Bhangra performance.
- The official show opening is now taped, which involves the Indian national anthem being played, and then Triple H addressing WWE’s past trips to India, India’s importance to the history of professional wrestling, and then introducing NXT wrestlers Indus Sher, Jeet Rama, Guru Raaj, Kavita Devi, Dilsher Shanky and Giant Zanjeer.
- Michael Cole is joined on commentary by Corey Graves and Shoraz Ali.
- NXT Champion Finn Balor defeated Guru Raaj after hitting the Coup de Grace and the 1916 DDT. Post-match, the two shared a handshake of respect.
- WWE Champion Drew McIntyre is announced as teaming with Indus Sher to take on Jinder Mahal and the Bollywood Boyz in the main event.
- Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, Dilsher Shanky and Giant Zanjeer defeated King Corbin, Cesaro, Shinsuke Nakamura and SmackDown Tag Team Champion Dolph Ziggler, with Mysterio hitting a Splash off Shanky’s shoulders onto Cesaro to pick up the win.
- AJ Styles defeated Jeet Rama with the Phenomenal Foreman following interference from Omos.
- WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Charlotte Flair and Sareena Sandu defeated Bayley and Natalya after Sareena pinned Natalya.
- Ric Flair came out to introduce the main event, but was soon cut off by Jinder Mahal and the Bollywood Boys, who in turn were interrupted by Drew McIntyre, with the WWE Champion introducing Indus Sher.
- Drew McIntyre and Indus Sher defeated Jinder Mahal and the Bollywood Boyz, Mahal taking the pin from McIntyre after being hit by a Claymore Kick and a double-team move from Indus Sher.
- Superstar Spectacle closed out with Drew McIntyre and Triple H posing in the ring with several Indian wrestlers.
The previous belief was that Superstar Spectacle could well be used as the launching point for NXT India, much the same way the United Kingdom Championship tournament was used to launch NXT UK.