With Ric Flair less that two weeks away from competing in what's billed as his 'final' match, the Nature Boy is reportedly dealing with an injury right now.
Speaking on the latest episode of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer stated how the 16-time World Champion has an injured foot.
As it stands, Flair is still expected to be able to compete at Starrcast V's Ric Flair's Last Match PPV, with Naitch headlining that event against a mystery opponent. In terms of that opponent, the two-time WWE Hall of Famer will be revealing later today exactly who will be standing opposite Flair for the purportedly final contest of a career which dates back to 1972.
Of course, it was previously rumoured that this Last Match bout would pit Flair and FTR up against the Rock 'n' Roll Express and Ricky Steamboat. While talks indeed took place with the Dragon, he will not be wrestling at the PPV - with some reports stating Steamboat decided against returning to the ring, while others claim Ricky demanded too much money.
Interestingly, the Rock 'n' Roll Express are now off the table for any such six-man match, with Ricky Morton teaming with son Kerry at Last Match to take on Brian Pillman Jr. and Brock Anderson. Robert Gisbon will be cornering the Mortons, and Arn Anderson will be managing across from Gibson.
Emanating from the Nashville Fairgrounds, Ric Flair's Last Match takes place on 31 July. As of this writing, the card reads as below:
- Ricky Morton & Kerry Morton w/ Robert Gibson vs. Brian Pillman Jr. & Brock Anderson w/ Arn Anderson
- The Briscoes vs. The Von Erichs
- Clark Connors vs. Ren Narita
- Bandido vs. Black Taurus vs. Laredo Kid vs. Rey Fenix
- Killer Kross vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
- Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards vs. Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley
- IMPACT Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace vs. Deonna Purrazzo vs. Rachael Ellering
- IMPACT World Champion Josh Alexander vs. Jacob Fatu
- Ric Flair vs. TBA