Colin Farrell has secured himself a reputation as a bit of a bad boy. With the smouldering good looks, the twinkle of trouble in his eye and his lady-killing Irish drawl he’s inadvertently found himself in a bit of a Marmite situation – you either love him or you hate him.
However you feel about this native Dubliner, the fact remains that he’s here to stay. And it’s not all teen heart-throb drivel. Admittedly some of it might be, but much of his body of work is actually stellar stuff. He’s found himself in several huge roles since his tenure on the BBC Ireland-set soap Ballykissangel and has consistently displayed the type of range that’s required to operate as a Hollywood leading man.
In August, he’ll have the chance to show that range again. Stepping into Arnold Schwarzenneger’s comedically over-sized boots to play Total Recall’s Douglas Quade, all eyes are turning on him; both the eyes of his fans, and the eyes of those out there who’re praying to the god of movie reboots that he doesn’t tarnish a once great movie property.
Let’s take a look back over Colin Farrell’s ever lengthening career and weigh up his greatest performances against those he wishes we’d all forget.
You Might Also Like...
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools