Dr. Doom has oft been titled one of the greatest villains in all of comic lore, and it’s a bit of public knowledge that his last portrayal through actor Julian McMahon left a lot to be desired (though, I blame the script over the actor’s portrayal). With Mark Millar now hoping to bring together a new Fantastic Four with Fox fairly soon, I went ahead and coughed up some folks whose interpretations could give us the Doom we’ve been looking for.
So, what’s with all the stalling? You didn’t come here for the introduction.
8. Stanley Tucci
Has Stanley Tucci ever been anything but the finest part of practically every project he’s been in? He’s a fantastic, on-the-nose, quick-draw actor with sensational range and talent. Now, of course, Doom is a much darker, more threatening character than Tucci’s had to work with before, but seeing the man’s stretches and strides with the normalcy of many of the roles he’s been given makes me hopeful that he has the ability to really surprise as Victor von Doom.
He’s got all the makings of a great villain, he just needs the opportunity to stun and shock as the malevolently evil Dr. Doom.
We are currently seeking Fantastic Four contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Fantastic Four contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- Fantastic Four, Volume 1: New Departure, New Arrivals Review
- 5 Woefully Cast Roles In Comic Book Movies
- Fantastic Four #5AU (Age of Ultron Tie-In) Review – Matt Fraction
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 11 Irresistible Movie Moments That Wore Out Your Pause Button
- 100 Things Wrong With The Dark Knight Rises [Video]
- 10 Scenes You Won't Believe You Missed in 2012
- 10 Most Infuriating Movie Cliffhangers
- 10 Major Plot Holes You Probably Missed
- 10 Happy Movie Endings That Probably Had Horrific Consequences
- 12 Ruthless Movie Villains Who Were Defeated By Complete Fools