I love cut scenes in video games, and many people do. Sometimes I just want to sit back and enjoy the talents on display from the designers, writers and voice actors. The technological advancements made in video game development over the last 15 years or so have allowed it to become a medium which is arguably an art form. People may disagree with this, but I have played video games recently with more engaging stories, better acting, punchier writing and nicer visual aesthetics than many films and TV shows I have seen.
This is why it infuriates me when I’m really immersed in my gaming experience, watching everything come together in a gorgeous cinematic moment of emotion and beauty, and then – suddenly – I’m forced to do something in order for it to progress. Nothing breaks immersion quite like a giant control prompt being shoved in your face when you’re just trying to soak up some atmosphere.
So, without further ado, here is my list of 10 Incredibly Moving Scenes In Video Games Ruined By Player Input (massive spoilers ahead, you have been warned)…
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on January 3, 2014