Gamers are a fickle bunch. We can be enjoying a supreme slice of gaming goodness when, all of a sudden, we are struck by something so outrageous, so outlandish, so outstandingly crap that it threatens to spoil the enjoyment of everything that has preceded it.
Perhaps it is a sign of the quality of games nowadays that we demand more than simply getting from A to B via hundreds of faceless cannon fodder. A game needs to have a good story. A story that we become emotionally invested in, to the point where we can justify spending an entire day in our pyjamas in front of the telly.
With that in mind, I have collected the Top 10 worst plot points in games which really should have known better. These can be moments where the plot took a ridiculous turn for the worse or lead to a piece of game design that threatened to undo all the good that came before.
You can expect spoilers for the games I have discussed but I have tried to keep them out of the titles so feel free to skip any games you haven’t played yet.
So, without further ado, let’s kick off the list with a modern classic….
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand