What makes a game? Good gameplay, granted. Compelling story, yes. Stunning visuals don’t hurt either. But what about the ones that drive the story. What about the characters?
Video games are an interesting mix of visual, audible and emotional elements that combined make a fully finished final product consumers want to play again and again. But it’s often characters that can make or break a game.
Love them or hate them, they are truly unforgettable.
So take a trip down memory lane as we take a look at 5 memorable characters from video games we want to see return.
Click “Next” down below.
5. Crash Bandicoot – Crash Bandicoot
Who could forget the Australian daredevil in blue slacks. Crash Bandicoot is the titular character in the series of the same name. He never spoke a word, other than ‘Woah’, and that was only when he was blown up, electrocuted, encased in ice….you get the idea. But for a character with no real dialogue, he managed to span several games over a two decades, taking an audience that grew up with him.
Although the later games failed to live up to the hype and enjoyment of the original PS1 titles, Crash is still one of the most memorable game characters ever and was even popular enough to have been parodied by the Simpsons back in the day.
Maybe Naughty Dog will see the error of their ways with the series and it will be remade with the glory of the original franchise. Failing that you can buy the original three PS1 titles as a download from the Playstation Store.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on April 3, 2013