Ah Amnesia. Was there ever a scarier game? By now approximately 49 trillion of you have played through this terrifying indie title until you could no longer afford the laundry bill for your underwear. Released in 2010, Amnesia: The Dark Descent has given other horror games a run for their Andrex and it has remained a staple in petrifying interactive fiction ever since.
Other indie titles have come close to it. Slender has certainly enjoyed some time in the flickering and foreboding limelight. But first person horror titles will forever be held up to Amnesia as a benchmark for games that make our skeletal structures wilt.
So with thechinesroom’s much anticipated sequel – Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs – just around the corner burrowed in the deepest recesses of our mind where abject fear is manufactured (goodnight kids!) what can we expect from the British developer’s instalment in the series?
Are you sitting comfortably? Good, because I stole all the chairs…
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on July 24, 2013