Sam and Dan Houser left England for New York City. With them they brought the slightly popular Grand Theft Auto IP, took jobs under a then struggling publisher, Take-Two Interactive, and the rest is history. 16 years later with an upwards of 30 games under their belt, Rockstar Games have cemented themselves as one of the best developers around.
Doing something no other developer had ever truly done, Rockstar Games gave players an entire city to explore with hardly any boarders. Players could steal cars, steal planes, use tanks, harm pedestrians, earn money from playing story missions, have epic battles with cops on the highest wanted level, and when players got bored, obey traffic laws, (admit it, we’ve all done it at some point.) There seemed to be endless possibilities, and rather than just repackaging the same old stuff, Rockstar Games manages to expand and improve almost every aspect of their games with every new release.
They revolutionized gaming in 2001 with Grand Theft Auto III, and continue to revolutionize gaming with titles like Grand Theft auto IV, Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire, and the highly anticipated Grand Theft Auto V. Their games continue to be some of the best selling and highly acclaimed games around, and they will certainly be remembered for generations to come.
Here are the 8 reasons why Rockstar is one of the best developers around.
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on April 24, 2013