Along with being a glorious, expansive game with reams of terrain to leisurely explore, Grand Theft Auto games also provide us with some of the most difficult missions in the video game world today. Missions that are so testing, so frustrating, that you are left turning the air blue or contemplating hurling your controller at the cat.
The upcoming Grand Theft Auto V title by Rockstar Games, just the most recent in the long running series, promises to be no different, and considering a greater emphasis is being placed on heist based missions in the latest iteration – a particular strand of mission that is usually the most difficult to complete – we’re almost certain to be put through our paces once more in September.
GTA missions tend to be quite eclectic, from racing based missions to navigating remote controlled helicopters, or stealing from a government agency through to defeating the final boss, there’s always something for everyone.
Completing a mission can often be the difference between unlocking a new area of the map to explore or remaining in your current locale, which is just one of the reasons why they can be, at times, such high stakes.
Here, we take a look at the 10 most difficult missions from games gone by that have left us frustrated in the Grand Theft Auto series.
Click “Next” to begin.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on February 26, 2013