Rockstar received a lot of bad feedback for straying from their over-the-top, ridiculous tendencies when they released Grand Theft Auto IV. The excitement of gang wars and real-estate development ceased, and were replaced with mini-games, a cell phone, and random side-missions, and a lot of fans just weren’t impressed.
In fact, a lot of us gamers were up in arms that the game was just too serious: it felt more like a melodrama with a lot of shooting, rather than a Grand Theft Auto game. Despite the enormous emotional attachment, some fans were not pleased with Rockstar’s creative decisions for the game.
So why are we still playing this game? Well, in all honesty, the game is not nearly as bad as critics and fans make it out to be. But to get a little more specific, here are just a few reasons fans find themselves playing and replaying GTA IV.
10. The Sheer Beauty
At the first glimpse of GTA IV, it was clear that Rockstar had completely upped the ante. They had done away with the famous cartoon-style design and money-based story, and created a beautifully created, character-driven game – a first for the series.
From gunfights to explosions, and driving to walking the streets, Grand Theft Auto IV is a stunningly gorgeous game. Vehicles are animated flawlessly, the lighting is gorgeous, and cutscenes are perfect.
Of course there are some flaws with presentation, such as certain cut-scenes using in-game animations that look robotic, and a slight over-usage of the ragdoll effect. Overall, however, the game introduces an entirely new universe to the series that made the game all-the-more enjoyable.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
You Might Also Like...
- GTA V: 5 Reasons Why It Doesn’t Need Cheat Codes
- GTA V: 5 Amazing Possibilities For Next Generation Gameplay
- GTA V: 5 Ways Animals Will Improve The Grand Theft Auto Experience
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
- 10 Most Insanely Difficult Video Games Ever Made
- 10 Things You Should Know About Dating A Gamer