Over the many years GTA has been populating game store shelves it’s gone through more than its fair share of improvements and updates. After all, isn’t that one of the core reasons why, as a series, it’s such a consistent best-seller? Each time a new title is released to a salivating public, it’s undergone tweaking to almost every aspect; from the actual story itself right down to the very zero’s and one’s that make up the code.
While GTA is an incredible video game franchise – one gaming’s royal families no less – these constant improvements tell you one thing: it was never perfect. Nor have R* ever believed that it was ever perfect, which is probably why they’re so keen to offer up something new with each release.
If you caught my recent GTA V rumour piece, you’ll know that, if speculation (and common sense) is to be believed then this next entry into the franchise will again represent massive change for the franchise in terms of execution. But with that being said, you can rarely believe a rumour about a video game. Contrasting to law, gaming rumours are guilty until proven innocent, false until proven true.
So with that said, there’s still a little room for more speculation! This piece aims to critique the series to date, to discover what was maybe, if not terrible (little in the GTA series can be called terrible), at least a little awkward and could maybe use a R* makeover.
So, let’s quit the intro chatter and get right to the good stuff…
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand