8. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Personal Rating: 8.5/10
What I love about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the way it is so simple and yet so effective. Following on from Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, the sequel was eagerly anticipated. This was largely down to the success of its predecessor, which went against many of the conventions for modern day action games.
Uncharted follows Nathan Drake in an action/shooter format, with simple controls and gameplay that relies heavily on plot. For die-hard gamers, it may not provide everything that they need; the third person aspect is sometimes annoying, and the controls are very limited, but for someone who prefers an easy to grasp game with a gripping plot, it fits the bill.
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is the most successful in the series, selling over 5.5 million copies. The following sequel was sadly not up to scratch and goes some way to prove that a good plot can only take a gaming series so far. But for me personally, and I am sure many others as well, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves was definitely a reason to have a sick day!
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand
- 100 Greatest Video Game Villains Of All Time
This article was first posted on September 19, 2013