For many devoted console gamers these days, Pro Evolution Soccer, or PES, has become a forgotten relic of the past. A distant memory pushed aside in recent times by the dominant presence of FIFA’s commercial revival.
There are some of us however, who attest to PES’s greatness still, who crave a day when the engineers at Konami will finally match FIFA on all fronts. Having played the demo, the gameplay in the upcoming PES 2014 is sublime, the closest simulation to a real game of football I have ever felt. But it’s the other attributes of the experience that unfortunately let the franchise down, and leave the masses flocking to their local Game shop at midnight not for the hallowed Pro Evo, but for EA’s FIFA.
With this in mind, here is my definitive list of the most aggravating issues still hindering the progress of a former all conquering console champion:
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand