With the news that Microsoft is going to unveil the Xbox 720 on May 21st, discussion over which company – Microsoft, Sony or even Nintendo – is going to win the console war has started to run rampant. We’ve already suggested why we think it’s possible that the PS4 could win the fight for next-gen supremacy, but given that we’ve yet to see anything from Microsoft yet, it seems a tad unfair to call the fight before the behemoths have all squared off. In just a few short weeks, we’ll have all the answers, when Microsoft lifts the curtain on their latest games console.
Still, it’s fun to play Devil’s Advocate and speculate on just why they’re going to blow Sony out of the water. Here are 10 reasons why Micoroft are destined to win the console war…
10. Their Main Competitor Has Failed
As mentioned in my prior article, the Wii U was expected to be a big player in the impending console war after Nintendo’s astronomical success with the Wii in the previous generation. Though they easily won the last console war, stealing the lion’s share of the market share, the Wii U has had a slow start, failing to connect with both hardcore and casual gamers, suffering from poor marketing, and most crucially, a punishing lack of games that people actually want to play.
It’s unlikely that the Wii U’s de-evolved tech and poor word of mouth will be sufficiently resolved to put it back in the running; the console war is now very much a two-horse race, between Sony and Microsoft. This simply makes Microsoft’s job easier; one giant has been felled, and now they can focus on dealing with their more direct competitor.
We are currently seeking Gaming contributors on WhatCulture. To find out more about the perks of being a Gaming contributor, click here.
- 10 Outrageous Sexy Moments Hidden In Video Games
- GTA V: 12 Dirty Hidden Secrets And Easter Eggs You Probably Missed
- GTA V: 10 Awesome Things To Do In San Andreas
- Xbox One vs PS4: Which Should You Buy?
- GTA V: 9 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind
- 10 Video Game Endings With Disturbing Implications
- 8 Crazy Video Game Fan Theories That Actually Improve Games
- 10 Things Today’s Gamers Wouldn’t Understand