Arsenal’s barren run without silverware is a running joke in the world of football.
Since Arsenal Last Won a Trophy.co.uk proudly displays a ticking clock boasting, pride of place on its homepage – 7 years, 7 months, 16 days, 21 hours, 24 minutes and 5 seconds.
That goes all the way back to May 2005 when Arsenal won the FA Cup. Since then, it has been one disappointment after the next for Wenger’s men, who have always seemed able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory whenever the faintest whiff of success wafted into their nostrils.
Like the Carling Cup Final in 2011 when a mix up between Wojciech Szczesny and Laurent Koscielny allowed Obafemi Martins to steal an 89th minute winner as Birmingham somehow prevailed over the Gunners to once again leave Wenger with nothing.
Arsenal’s stint without a trophy can be put down to a number of factors, but chief among them is the simple fact that Wenger has brought in flops who simply are not good enough to wear the red and white Arsenal jersey.
Here, we take a look back at Arsenal’s biggest ever flops for your amusement and ours.
Click “Next” to continue.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on January 7, 2013