The Champions League Group Stages come to a close this week, and two English clubs are already through to the next stages of the competition, whilst Scottish side Celtic are still in contention for the Round of 16. Premier League Champions Manchester City have been eliminated, however, and have it all to do if they are to earn the consolation prize of competing in the Europa League, whilst holders Chelsea could be out depending on results elsewhere.
Having been knocked out of the Group Stages and dumped into the Europa League last season, Sir Alex Ferguson will have been pleased to see his side march to qualification with two games to spare, whilst Arsene Wenger continues his fantastic record of having guided Arsenal through the Group Stages for the fifteenth season in a row.
It hasn’t been that cut and dry for everyone however, and here, What Culture examines each of the eight groups and explains what each side needs to do to ensure qualification for the knock out stages and Europa League.
Click “Next” to continue…
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on December 4, 2012