News has just reached us that ex-Sunderland manager Ricky Sbragia is potentially being lined up to join the coaching set-up at Newcastle United. Alongside ex-Everton defender and current Wigan youth team coach Dave Watson and Ipswich Town legend and former Newcastle coach Dave Geddis (who was unceremoniously, and unfairly ousted by Graeme Sounness in 2004), Sbragia is said to make up a short-list of candidates to take-up a place on Joe Joyce’s youth team coaching set-up, and he has already made at least one appearance at the club’s training ground.
While certain sections of the Newcastle crowd may see the move as sacrilegious, Sbragia is highly thought of as a coach, and is said to be very keen to get back into a coaching role after being removed from his Chief Scout role at Sunderland back in March. We know he has already impressed the hierarchy at Newcastle with his knowledge and coaching techniques, and he certainly has fans within the club. It just remains to be seen whether the club’s fans would take to him quite so well.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
- 50 Sexiest Women You’ve Probably Never Heard Of
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 10 Great Footballers Who Made Terrible Managers
- 100 Greatest Premier League Players Of All Time
- 50 Great Footballers Who Ruled 2012
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings