I recently read an insightful article into Manchester City’s 5 best foreign players and begun to think what Liverpool’s might be. Since 1992, Liverpool have had 7 different managers, and although they haven’t proved to be as successful as the legendary Bob Paisley and Bill Shankly, they have all had highlights and many of them have been down to their excellent foreign players.
In this article we’ll look at Liverpool Football Club’s 15 greatest ever foreign players signed during the 21 years of Barclays Premier League football. From Hyypiä to Salif Diao and Djibril Cissé to Luis Suárez, there have been many hits and even more misses. But we’re here to celebrate the best so without further chatter, let’s begin…
Honourable mentions signed pre-BPL: Bruce Grobbelaar, and Jan Molby were not signed during the Premier League era so I’ve not included them on this list. They were signed during the old Divison One so I’ve made them ineligible. However, if they had been eligible, they’d have been in this list without a shadow of a doubt. Top drawer players and Red legends.
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on March 6, 2013