It’s silly season. Every Premier League club has already been “linked” to over fifty different targets and the media are having a field day with big stories for the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez. We all know that only a measly one percent of these rumours are true and that the rest are dreamt up by greedy agents and mischievous reporters – but what happens when some of these rumours bear fruit?
A random club ends up with a random new player and the pubs are then lined with supporters of every allegiance, trying to demean or justify the signing. The obvious questions are always the same. Is he value for money? Is he past it? How many shots did he hit on target whilst riding a unicycle during the 2010-2011 season? You know the story.
This article will look to discover whether or not some of Liverpool’s apparent “targets” will or will not fit into Brendan Rodgers’ team. I’ve picked ten rumours at random and attempted to look into their current situations to try and decide if they could ever be successes at Anfield.
So, are any of these “targets” potential successes for the Reds?
- 30 Sexiest WAGs (Pictures)
- 8 Actresses Who Tricked You Into Thinking You Saw Them Nude
- 10 Most Paused Movie Moments
- Football’s Worst Ever Cheating Divers
- 8 Amazing Football Stadiums That Are Being Built
- Newcastle: 10 Craziest Players Ever To Wear Black & White
- 15 Worst Ever Premier League Signings
- 30 Sexiest WAGs Of 2012
This article was first posted on June 29, 2013